RSS
My forum to pelt all areas of insanity around me. My motto: If you have something to say just SPEAK OUT.

To the friend I knew..

It was a cold, dark winter evening,
Another day spent as a drop in the ocean,
Silence hit me and retrospection engulfed me,
When news reached me of your passing.

The brief two years we spent together,
You made me laugh and listened to my blabber,
You were more at home at my house than yours,
People thought that my place was yours.

The years went by and time played its part,
And once again we had become strangers in the journey of life,
Sometimes I wondered where you were,
If you were still as cheerful and without a care.

A decade has gone, since we met and parted,
When I heard that you had left for good.
For a moment my world stood still,
Memories flooded my mind, as I wondered about Gods will.

No matter what people say about the person you were,
I will remember you as the one that smiled without a care.
You may have gone, but the memories you created stay behind,
For those who knew and loved you to hold on to.

May your soul rest in peace

4 comments:

Renu said...

beautiful ode to ur friend.

SR said...

Thanks Renu! He was a cheerful guy - always smiling! Am sure everyone he knew will miss him.

Subhashree said...

Oh God... Dying young is horrifying. May his soul rest in peace and God give his near and dear ones the strength to move ahead.

Anonymous said...

That was so touching :-(

Renu said...

beautiful ode to ur friend.

SR said...

Thanks Renu! He was a cheerful guy - always smiling! Am sure everyone he knew will miss him.

Subhashree said...

Oh God... Dying young is horrifying. May his soul rest in peace and God give his near and dear ones the strength to move ahead.

Anonymous said...

That was so touching :-(

Post a Comment