RSS
My forum to pelt all areas of insanity around me. My motto: If you have something to say just SPEAK OUT.

Of Concentration, Me and MM

Have you ever wondered what happens to your sense of concentration once you are done with college? I have been trying hard (not real hard though) to start studying for a very important exam which I have been planning to write for quite some time now. Every time I open my books I go through the same experience which can very comically be described like this:

Me: Ok! Time to get serious..I need to pull up my socks and get this done! After all its for my own good...I can snag that corner office with a view some day (soon)!
MM: That's right babe! You can do it...together we can conquer the world!

5 minutes later:

Me: Chapter 1: "XYZ is the term that is used to define process which describes........"
MM: Are you comfortable in this seating position???
Me: Sure...I have never used a table and chair all my life! Why start now? XYZ is the terms that is used to define process which describes........
MM: Sorry to interrupt, but your back is going to get all bendy this way and you will start hunching more than usual....
Me: grrrr...ok fine! I am moving to the table

After moving to the table:

Me:"XYZ is the term that is used to define process which describes blah blah and Blee. Those who are very adept at following these processes are referred to as........"
MM: Gosh! What's the sound I hear?? Is someone walking past your window??
Me: Grrr....shut up and concentrate! "XYZ is the terms...."
MM: Whatever! I think I need some coffee so that you can be fresh and really concentrate..
Me: Good Lord!! U are a pain...fine will get the coffee..

30 minutes later after coffee:

Me: "XYZ is the term....................blah blah.........bleh!" Yes finally I can remember this...I am done with one page! Yippeee
MM: Good Job! U need a break Let's check whats on TV.....
Me: That is so true....we have been working hard on this for the past 30 minutes! Let's check out the telly...

Another 30 minutes later:

Me: Ok lets get back to work...
MM: Yes! Yes!
Me: "Page 2: The entire XYZ process is depicted in the diagram below...."
MM: Speaking of diagrams did you notice that you still haven't finished that painting??
Me: Yes..will get to it soon...."Page 2: The entire XYZ process...."
MM: You have been saying that for some time now...
Me: Can I please finish this page?? "Page 2: ....."
MM: Look you need to tidy up this place first...It is messing up with the Feng Shui of this room..this is why you can't concentrate...
Me: Good Lord!! Please help :(

Finally, I just closed my books and decided that I was just not up to it at that moment. There was a time in life when I could sit at a place with my books and go on for hours! I woke up at 4:00AM and kept going till 9:00AM sometimes even longer with no real breaks! Only my books got my attention and nothing else...I could concentrate...Now I have become lost in this world of multi-tasking where I have to 100 things at a time to feel satisfied: read my book, check my email, clean my room, think of a solution for a work problem and more!Does life makes us this way? Or do the words of a good friend (who rarely reads this blog ) are true when he says: "It's the age! You are just too old for this stuff!!"

Me:Gulp! I hope not.....dear God please help!
MM: Babes don't you worry.....you can do it!

Sigh....

2 comments:

pallavi said...

Hi there SR, thank u so much for voting for my post on Indiblogger... it means so much. Thanks :-)

pallavi said...

SR, thanks a ton for your vote on Indiblogger!!

pallavi said...

Hi there SR, thank u so much for voting for my post on Indiblogger... it means so much. Thanks :-)

pallavi said...

SR, thanks a ton for your vote on Indiblogger!!

Post a Comment